Thursday, June 18, 2009








This week we took the kids to Great Wolf Lodge. There is nothing like running head long for the first wave with your toddler only to realize that she is freaked out by water. Oops. Eventually she warmed up only to the big kid stuff. She wanted the Tornado Slide and the Sports pool with the basketball hoops. We forced her screaming to go down the kiddie slide a few times before she thought that was fun.


She also was sucked in like a bug to a light by the arcade. Riley's highlight was the CHEEZE-EE story time and Wiley the Wolf. He loves animals and adores the Easter bunny over Santa Clause. I saw him posing with Wiley several times even though we were no where nearby to take a picture.


We made it home in time for Riley's very first baseball practice even AFTER being pulled over for my first speeding ticket since 2002. Ugh. I pulled out to pass a slow car and sped up to 75 in a 60. I actually did think it was 70 since the speed limit had been 70 a few miles before that. The officer wrote the ticket down to 65 in a 60 for $93, but still. I am SO, SO, SO careful about the speed limit that I was mad at myself. Then we drove home at 68 (because 60 in traffic going 75 is dangerous!) while everyone else flew past me. I think the officer pulled me over for looking guilty since I really did at that moment speed up to pass and then slow down and I saw him right as I did it.

I'm the kind of person who goes 35 in a 35 because I've really gotten pulled over for going 37 in a 35. Sean laughed as we pulled away because he knows how serious I am about not speeding.

Oh well, we had a great time with the kids. Now for Sean to find a job.
































2 comments:

Nikki B. June 19, 2009 at 2:16 PM  

thanks for the encouragement on my blog!

great wolf...are you in texas, too?

Nikki B. June 22, 2009 at 4:13 PM  

AWESOME!! glad to know you're you!! and that i didn't totally freak some chick out by telling her that i loved her!!!! LOL!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP